Little Nanny and Rara (what they call themselves, so now their official nicknames) are at such a fun age - for a few weeks now they have been repeating literally everything they hear, and talking a ton more to communicate their wants, needs, what they're going to do, and just in general. They get so happy and proud when I catch them saying something new and exciting and say "did you just say ___?"
They can't say anything that starts with S, and Kara (Anna some too) will say words backwards...like "Maga" for Grandma, and until recently "puck" for cup. My favorite is Spot - we've read those books some lately. Anna calls him "Pots" and Kara calls him "Tops." It cracks us up every time they say it. Today is the first time I really noticed them saying new words without repeating what we'd said. Anna and Kara both said "magazine;" well, Kara said "mazagine."
Other notable developments for our now 22-month olds....
Almost completely potty trained, if they're naked on bottom. Kara still struggles a little to poop on the potty (rescinded - she now is refusing to poop on the potty and will just tell me her stomach hurts and she needs to poop until I give in and give her a diaper), and they both still need diapers at naps and bed, mainly because they don't like to get up fast enough to go (they generally stay dry while they sleep). We're working on underwear - they either take it off or pee in it - and sitting on a big potty (essential to being able to take them out without diapers).
Right now they are both mama's girls...Anna needs me at all times and is likely to cry if I'm not there. Kara is fine without me but is very concerned with pleasing me and if I'm "happy" or not. They are both super sweet to "brother" and give him snuggles and kisses and share things with him and tell me what songs he likes and what things he likes, Anna especially. Today they read him books. They seemingly understand and will tell me what's going to happen when brother comes (I have to pack a suitcase, I have to sleep at the hospital with daddy, Nana will come, etc.) and what brother will be like when he comes, including what he can and can't do. They practice on each other.
Current obsessions: books about babies (Froggy's Baby Sister (Polly) and Arthur's Baby (Kate) are read about a million times a day), and dinosaurs - I read the dinosaur book (plus the 2 we got at the library) a million times a day too - pretty much they only like the "mean dinosaurs," "Rex" being their favorite...they like pictures that show his teeth especially and will give the book huge hugs and kisses over and over. They prefer the violent scenes of the dinosaur movies, too. They've started identifying and naming dinosaurs - A likes barosaurus, K likes edmontonia. And they know that mommy likes gallimimus and tell me every time they see him.
They have become great jumpers. They'll hop from room to room, both feet off the floor every time. "Hop bunny," of course. Pretend play and their dollhouse (and a new one a neighbor gave us) are also gaining popularity...they'll narrate to me what the people are doing (though a lot of the time it's peeing on the potty).
2 comments:
It is ridiculously cute hearing everything they do!!!!
It looks like they are really growing up fast. They will be such big helpers when little man arrives. I hope they are potty trained by the time he gets here and there are no set backs!
Take advantage of the time you have with them now. I'm sure it is a whole new world with 3! (Not that I would know).
Post a Comment