1. Eggs. They have a book they really like where a boy gets an egg at the end (Bumpety Bump! thanks Nana and Pop!) and so I thought they'd like to try eggs - we did yolks when they were little, but haven't tried since, mostly because I hadn't thought of it. So, they "helped" me hard boil eggs (i.e. cracked them as they placed them in the pan) and they've eaten an egg a day since. Kara likes them; Anna LOVES them...she'll gobble up the whites and then gets mad if she doesn't get to eat Kara's whites that she can see on her tray. Working on getting them to eat the yolks too...they're still baby enough that they need the fat - currently they feed them to me. Bananas work much the same way between Anna and Kara.

2. Arthur, as in Arthur the aardvaark, the PBS show (not sure that's even still on, I remember it from years ago). We have one Arthur book we got from someone - Arthur's Thanksgiving - and it's never one that Andrew and I wanted to read them (it's about a Thanksgiving play). Lately, though, it's all they'll let me read them. They are amazingly good at saying Arthur and have picked up a few more words by reading it, including turkey, Muffy, Buster, Binky, dentist, paper, peek, and DW. They're getting to where they'll tell me the story, at least in part. And they think the new baby should be named Binky. Awesome.

3. Sunglasses. Nana got them sunglasses and they started wearing them around the house last weekend (the lenses don't pop out of these ones), then earlier this week it was pretty hot out (almost 80), so they wore them outside a lot too. Cuties.

Kara styled these herself. :)
4. Swimming. This one isn't new like the others - but just HOW much they love it was news to us. We finally took them to a Y parent-kid swimming class this morning. I haven't seen them that happy for a long time, it was pretty ridiculous. No pictures, as we were both in the water, of course. Kara had a huge temper tantrum when it was time to get out. Definitely need to get to the pool this summer, which we neglected to do last summer, even though it's walking distance. Aunt Sarah, are you going to come help?
1 comments:
I'm working on getting mom and dad to fly me down to visit for a weekend or two. I am an expert swim instructor and I need to see my new little nephew, right?
Post a Comment