Cleaning up "dirties." They started to love vacuuming after using this little vacuum with Grandma - Kara more than Anna. Not only do they like to point out the dirty dishes, but Kara has been known to point out "dirties" on the floor and tell me we should get the dustbuster. As I said to Andrew, someone needs to be responsible for keeping the house clean - and as he responded, it might as well be an 18 month old. :) I think it's because I'm nesting a little and so have been cleaning more around the girls.
They climbed up and down these stairs who knows how many times. Andrew was sitting with them to keep them from going up and going to Peter's room. Unfortunately the stairs are slippery and Kara took one huge tumble all the way down from the top as I watched and screamed. I was just as upset about it as she was, and she was unhurt. I've fallen down those stairs too, which is how I know they're slippery.
2 comments:
Dear Kristan,
Just found your blog! What wonderful pictures of the family. I can't wait to show Ariel and Calvin tonight.
Love, Connie Keller
Isn't it amazing that little children absolutely LOVE housework--the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry--until they're actually old enough to be of some assistance--then, forget it! At least that's my recollection--actually, I think they did like the cooking part for a good long while. I'm sorry that Kara fell down the stairs--that must have been scary.
Post a Comment