Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What do you teach 11 month olds?


Seriously, I'm running out of ideas. They learn things pretty fast, which is nice, but makes my job hard. The latest: open and close (so they now love doors), in and out. I had started trying to teach them to tell me they're 1 (with their 1 finger...I don't expect them to say "one" that sounds remotely like anything other than "duh") when they were 10 months and Andrew told me to stop. Mom P did it a few times with them this past week and now Kara has it down. Poor Nan tries so hard, but can't figure out the finger part. She puts up all her fingers, moves them around a little to get it to work, then just ends up waving. :) We are pretty much past gross motor stuff (I think we'll try to work on throwing some more) and on to fine motor and intellectual development, which seems more abstract in terms of me coming up with what they need to know.
Also...they are WAY skinnier than this now (from the beginning of May). We were just noticing how tall they are in the pack and play (yes, they still sleep together in the pack and play) - they barely fit at all. I'll miss them when we move them to their own room, and the extra bits of sleep I save now when they wake up in the night. Anyway, hopefully their skinniness is a result of their height and not undernutrition. They have always seemed to go in phases of really skinny -> ridiculously fat -> taller and really skinny.

0 comments: